Activities with Dr RADWAY
July 5-27, 2007
Manambaro Lutheran Hospital
Dr Radway and his family arrived on July 2, 2007. He is a surgeon from Pueblo, Colorado, who came to visit and work with us through the King of Kings Lutheran Church of Pueblo, Colorado.
As usual, the sick came in great numbers because of their confidence in the work of American surgeons. Dr. Radway did at least 5, with a maximum of 8 surgeries a day, i.e: 87 surgeries during 3 weeks.
More than 500 new patients came during the month of July. We made contact with the Doctor responsible for SOS International who takes care of the treatment at QMM and established an estimative technical and equipment collaboration.
Good things to maintain:
- the team spirit which was demonstrated in spite of the hard work;
- the efforts of the administrative team to ensure their responsibility for the smooth unfolding of the activities: cleanliness, supplying equipment, organizing the patients and the hospital, etc;
- the support from SALFA Headquarters, the President of Anosy Region, the President of the Hospital Committee, when our guests were received.
- Equipment assistance from Dr Radway:
- accessories: suture, foley catheters, hernia wick/mesh
- Hegar bougies
- Experience in matters of surgery and patient treatment
- His view and feeling for improving our performance
Things to improve:
- Lack of spinal anaesthesia which caused all patients to receive general anaesthesia;
- Insufficiency of halothane;
- Insufficiency of employees, in Surgery as well as at the Nurses Station.
Perspective for the future:
- American team who can visit and work with SOS International, CHRR Amboanato and Manambaro Lutheran Hospital;
- Supply of equipment between Manambaro Lutheran Hospital, SOS International, and the Region of Anosy;
- Restoration of the Guest House and the lodging of the key employees of Manambaro Lutheran Hospital: special request to the King of Kings Lutheran Church of Pueblo, Colorado;
- Supply the Hospital with small medical equipment such as: vaporizer, laryngoscope, and so on.
Dr Radway’s visit and work stimulated the enthusiasm and the love of work in every employee of the Hospital and brought back the good reputation of the Hospital with sales turnover going up. /p>
Because of this, we wish that this fellowship will continue not only concerning surgery but in every aspect of medical work.
We thank especially everybody who worked together for the hospitality of our guests as they, in turn, brought good things for us.
To God alone be the glory.
Manambaro, August 4, 2007
Medical Director of Manambaro Lutheran Hospital
Dr RANDRIANAINA Emmanuelson
Formulated by : Dr RANDRIANAINA Emmanuelson, Medical Director of Manambaro Lutheran Hospital
Translated bySAHOLINIRINA Fetison
Sent by SALFA Headquarters